Saturday, October 23, 2010

Reason #1: He loves Jesus

Initially, this appears cliche and "spiritual". Yet, for those who know Mike, this simple acknowledgement most accurately sums up why we have such a deep love for our pastor. Above all qualities and virtues that Mike may possess, his love for our Lord stands above them all. Whereas his love for his family, friends, and church body is great, his love for our Jesus is greater. 

If ever there was a verse that so befittingly described Mike, it is John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him bears much fruit...."

The fruit that God's bears through his servant Mike is unquestionable. He's tender to those who are hurting, firm to the prideful, inclusive to the rejected, edifying to the downcast, honest to the disillusioned, steadfast in his convictions, and unapologetic to those offended by the name of Jesus. Mike's abiding relationship with Jesus bears abundant fruit in his marriage, family, occupation, friends, and the church he's been entrusted to pastor.

So we thank you Mike. We thank you for putting God before us. We thank you for your unwavering love for Jesus Christ.

Finally, we thank you for being our pastor. We appreciate you so very much and are immeasurably blessed to have you in our lives.

2 comments:

Lisa Brady said...

Thanks Kevin and anyone else that may have helped you with the Top 10 reasons you love your pastor. I've lived with him for 34 years, and all 10 are very true, especially the last one. Above all else he loves Jesus and His Church. As his wife, I'm very proud of him and who he is. I'm blessed to have him in my life.

Anonymous said...

I am overwhelmed by the kind and loving things that have been expressed over the last few days. As you all know, "love covers a multitude of sins", and I believe your love for me does that. I will have to say that I would never have believed in 1000 years that He would be so gracious to me when it came to a church to pastor, and a wife to love. Lisa has been my HELPMATE through thick and thin and I am so blessed to have her by my side. Again thank you church family and know that I am truly honored to be your friend, brother, and sheepdog. May He lead us in the paths of rightousness for His namesake. I love you all!!!
Bro. Mike