Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Plugged in


Power Tools of Grace
by Preston Gillham

I admit it! I'm a power tool fanatic. Working with a finely crafted skill saw or drill is one of life's simple joys. But no matter what tool I use if I don't have a good source of power I may as well be using a hammer and chisel. Sure, I've got cordless tools, but without electricity the tool is only useful so long as the battery has life.

You know, the Body of Christ operates a lot like my power tools. Different people have different functions, but the ultimate source of life for all Believers is the Spirit of God within us.

Unfortunately, many Christians see themselves like cordless tools... doing their best on their own, with a weekly recharge on Sundays. But we were created to depend on God. Christ said that we are to abide in Him. In other words, stay plugged in. He's your source and He is your life.

For Lifetime Guarantee, that's our Lifetime Weekly. www.lifetime.org

No comments: