Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Lord's Ladies

After talking to Justin this afternoon and hearing how much he enjoyed getting to know some new guys at the men's retreat, I decided that we should go on and start meeting. I don't think we have any time to waste and we are just putting off something that should have been done a long time ago. We have only been back at Tatesbrook for about 6 months, but I noticed pretty soon after, that the men at Tatesbrook seem to have great relationships and accountability, but the women seem very disconnected. I think it would be great if we could make an effort to meet at least 2 times a month. I thought that this week we could get together and maybe find out what the needs are and come up with some ways to meet them. The most important thing we can do to get this going is to commit. I am willing to make the arrangements and show up every other Thursday for the Ladies Night Out and I hope there will be more to do the same. I must say I was disappointed when I sent the last email. I sent it to 30 women and only had 6 responses. And only 4 commited. We have really got to start supporting eachother and building some relationships or I dont see any reason for the women to even show up on Sunday mornings. There is no reason that we can't commit to meeting. I hope that you will come on Thursday night. I will be at the church at 6:30pm with some refreshments and some ideas for the women at our church. Let me know if you will be there so I can plan for food. I love you all and hope to start building some relationships!!

Much Love
Emily Cheatham

No comments: